Make a backup/Compressed Library
- Open the EndNote library
- Click File - Compressed library (.enlx)
- Do the following: (Choose create & email if you want to email your library). Click Next
- Choose where to save - keep in mind that if you want to save a backup you need to save the library outside your computer (hotmail, gmail, google docs, another hard drive, dropbox or similar)
When you are saving a Compressed library, you will get both the library file and a folder called .Data. This contains the file attachments as well as information about groups you have created.
Open a Compressed library
- Find the Compressed Library file. It has .enlx in the name of the file. (for example My EndNote library.enlx)
- Place the Compressed library file where you want your library to be saved
- Double click the file
- EndNote opens the file as a EndNote library
You can import this library in to another library.