Must ensure that:
- Their own academic publications are correctly registered in Cristin according to the reporting guidelines at Cristin.no.
- All research publications that are associated with an externally financed project have included the funder’s project number in the Cristin entry. See the guidelines at cristin.no.
- Full-text versions of all research articles are delivered to the repository. The majority of journals allow inclusion of the post-review final manuscript (also called the post-print version). Archiving of the publisher’s final PDF version is recommended when this is allowed by the copyright agreement. See the guidelines
- Cristin entries include a link to the URL of the research data archived at USN Research Data Archive or in other data repositories.
Deadline: 31 January.
The institute leaders will receive a list of approved Cristin-entries for their institutes from the faculty superusers. They then check the lists to ensure that the works are categorized correctly and should be included in the report. Once they have checked the lists they should respond to the faculty superuser via email.
Deadline: 20 March
The University Library (Cristin superusers)
Continuous throughout the year:
- Each faculty has a superuser who will provide user support to the research institutes. Check the list of superusers.
- Administrative control routines: administration of personal data, check for double registrations, correct DOIs, check control lists from Unit, and other tasks as needed.
- Ensure that the academic departments are kept up-to-date on relevant information regarding deadlines and guidelines from officials and funders.
- Provide analyses and publication lists by request, based upon data from the previous reporting year.
In connection with annual reporting:
- Faculty superusers perform quality checks and approve all of the faculties’ Cristin posts. Information regarding the number of authors, addresses, and other metadata should be reported correctly. Consult the reporting instructions (NVI) at Cristin.no for more information.
- The superuser checks that all academic articles have been made available in the repository as a part of the control routine. If the full-text (post-print or publisher’s PDF) is not made available by the 1st of February the superuser will send a reminder to the author associated with USN to submit the text to the repository.
- The faculty superuser is the contact between the other institutional superusers, especially in connection with any possible conflicts.
- The superuser reports any conflicts to the Publishing Committee at USN.
- The superuser reports conflicts to the National Conflict Committee at Cristin.
- Provide reports in according with national reporting guidelines.
- Perform annual analyses of publications.
National deadline for checking of publications resulting from cooperation between institutions: 21 February
National deadline for reporting conflicts to the National Conflict Committee in Cristin: 1 March.
Reporting to the Ministry of Education and Research: normally 1 April; the actual deadline is announced each year.
The University Library (publication repository)
Continuous throughout the year:
Every full-text document that is uploaded via Cristin must be checked with regards to copyright permissions before it can be made available. The librarian who approves submission of the document to the repository is required to confirm that USN has followed the publisher’s guidelines for sharing of the document and for which version is eligible for deposition, and whether the text is subject to an embargo period. If the wrong version is uploaded, the librarian will contact the author who has submitted the text and request that the correct version is submitted.
The Publication Committee
The Committee can evaluate research publications in cases where doubts or disagreements in connection with registration and reporting have occurred.
The Committee can evaluate any conflicts that might occur in cases of publications in cooperation with other institutions.
The Committee follows the criteria for research publications as specified in the applicable reporting instructions provided by Cristin.