There are several good reasons for archiving research data. The most important thing is to secure data for future use, make access easier and increase the efficiency of collecting and storage of research data. Transparency in research promotes critical evaluation and increases the credibility of the research. Not least, there are several financiers that require open access of research data.
Benefits to you as a researcher:
- Can help increase visibility through citations and downloads
- Can lead to new cooperation opportunities
- It will be easier to find research data
- Others can recreate your results and validate them
- The data is stored on secure servers