Part 1: 20th October 16:00-18:00 (4-6pm).
- What is academic writing? A short introduction.
- The writing process: How to avoid getting overwhelmed.
- Thesis statement: Find an angle for your paper.
- Structure of an academic text: IMRaD and other types of structures.
- Introduction: How to convey that your topic is important and create interest.
Part 2: 21st October 16:00-18:00 (4-6pm).
- Outline: The blueprint for your paper and an effective way of organizing literature.
- Rewriting: How to write about previous research and reformulate in your own words.
- Paragraph structure: Organize your paragraphs to lead your reader through the text.
- Sentence structure and clarity: How to construct sentences and use clear academic language.
- Proofreading: Advice on how to correct language mistakes and overly complex sentences.
This webinar is suitable for all experience levels and all students doing academic writing.