Restart your browser, and try again
- Try the easy solution: Restart your browser
Try again later
- Some e-resources may be temporarily unavailable.
Try another, updated browser
- We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- Don't use Internet Explorer.
- Safari has enforced safety measures that can create problems when trying to open some of the required applications (VLeBooks is an example)
Check you internet connection
- Check that you are connected to the internet
- When on campus wifi, make sure that you are connected to Eduroam, and not a guest network.
Clear cookies and cache from your browser
- This simple measure can resolve many common problems that can occur.
- The key combination Ctrl-Shift-Delete will take you to the browser dialog for clearing cookies and cache (Command-Shift-Delete if you are using mac).
- Choose: Clear all cookies and entire cache, all dates.
- Restart the browser.
In more special circumstances
Your browser and system must accept cookies from our access solution, EZproxy
- If you have adjusted privacy settings in your browser or elsewhere in your system, required cookies from EZproxy might be blocked.
- If so, allow cookies from EZproxy (ezproxy1.usn.no and ezproxy2.usn.no). The procedure varies, so please google e.g. your browser name + accept cookies/allow cookies, for instance: Firefox accept cookies
Are you using a work computer with special security settings?
- If you are using a computer belonging to e.g. an external company, the computer might have firewall or proxy settings or software which may interfere with access to the library’s e-resources.
- If this is the case, then please use another computer/device for accessing the e-resources when off campus.
Are you using "SetProxy" on a USN employee laptop?
- USN offers remote access to administrative systems for employees through "SetProxy". However, SetProxy should be switched off for other internet use, and when back at campus. See info about SetProxy (Norwegian only).
- Switch SetProxy off, wait a few seconds, and restart your browser.
- (On the other hand, in some rare instances, switching SetProxy on might help when off campus.)
Other things that can affect your access
- Some resources use pop-up windows. Adjust settings for the relevant site to allow pop-ups (click the padlock icon in fornt of the address line).
- Using VPN? Disable it, and try again.
Tips for access via Oria
The University library system, Oria, is the place for updated links to fulltext articles, e-books and databases. Use Oria! Oria is the discovery system for all our resources, no matter which external system that's delivering the actual content.
Clicked a link to Oria? Search manually directly in Oria
- Many external e-resources have links/buttons for lookups in Oria. These are usually named Oria, OpenURL or BIBSYSx. Such lookups between systems are sometimes inaccurate, unfortunately.
- If you have clicked a lookup link, and not getting any full text link options in Oria, it can be worthwhile to do a manual search fot the title in Oria. Sometimes we have access to the title in some e-resource after all.
- It's also normal that there occasionally aren't any full text options.
Looking for an e-book? Notice the difference between book reviews and books in Oria
- When searching for e-books, you will often also get book reviews in the results. The entries are usually tagged accordingly, but easily overlooked.
- To add to the confusion, links to book reviews between systems sometimes fail because such reviews might be found in a collective article at the suppliers platform.
- Tips: Filter your Oria search on Resource Type = e-books (or book chapters).
Sign in to Oria using your regular USN username and password
- This is a Feide log in with single sign-on, automatically also signing you in to the remote access solution EZproxy when off campus.
- To verify that the Feide login as such is working, restart your browser and log on at innsyn.feide.no with affiliation University of South-Eastern Norway.
- External users without USN Feide IDs will due to the licences not get access to the e-resources through USN-EZproxy.
If problems continue
Please contact us
- When logged on in Oria, you will find a link to a feedback form at most e-resource entries. Feel free to use this to report any errors.
- Otherwise, send info to email@example.com
Give us a short desriptions of the issue:
- What are you trying to access, and in which database?
- Where did you come from? Where did you search, or which link did you follow?
- Did you get any error messages? Send us a copy! (E.g. screenshots).
- Please also send us your IP address. Look up the IP through an external service, preferably one that shows both IPv4 and IPv6 if it exists, e.g. https://www.whatismyip.com or https://whatismyipaddress.com/ds-check