Find journal candidates
- Search for journal names or publisher names
- Journals by scientific disciline at the Norwegian Publication Indicator. (Also called Kanalregisteret) is a list of scientific publication channels (journals, book series and publishers). This gives you an overview of which publications may give credits in the Norwegian allocation system for publication points.
- If scientific level is 1 or 2 it means the scholarly level is evaluated as satisfactory by the Directorate and may allocate points to the university.
- The list also gives you information about Open Access. Look up a journal, see information for Open Access under Sherpa Romeo and DOAJ, or if there is a publishing agreement (A).
- Journal Checker Tool. Find out if your journal is compliant with Plan S. You should always check The Norwegian Publication Indicator as well.
You are welcome to suggest new publishing channels, and you should absolutely do so if you believe that the publisher/journal fulfills the criteria for approval.
This list provides an overview of the academic publishing channels and their levels.
The impact factor is one way of ranking journals according to how often articles are cited. The higher the impact factor number of a journal, the higher it ranks.
Learn more about Open Access publishing.