You'll find an overview of all the agreements on Open Science.
Some of the agreement include full article publishing charge (APC) coverage, other agreements ensure a discount on the APC for researchers from USN.
Some of the publishers specify a limit on the quantity of publications per year. When the quota is reached you no longer are entitled to publish freely in those hybrid journals.
Note well that for fully open access journal articles, you may still be entitled to apply for support from the publication fund!
USN has agreements with the following publishers:
- American Chemical Society (ACS) - workflow for authors and licenses
- Elsevier (deal with quota) - see workflow for authors. On Elsevier's web page Elsevier-Unit Agreement you will find a "journal search tool" showing titles eligible for the agreement.
- The agreement has been renegotiated for 2022-24.
- Frontiers: USN-researchers get a 10% discount on APC.
- Emerald - The publisher offers green open access. Read about benefits of choosing open access with Emerald here.
- Institute of Physics (No longer a publish- and read agreement from 2021)
- MDPI: A purely open access publisher.
- Sage - See author workflow
- SpringerNature (deal with quota) - See author workflow
- Taylor & Francis (deal with quota) - See author workflow
- This agreement runs from the 1st of January 2020 to the 31st of December 2022.
- Taylor and Francis Hybrid (Open Select). From the 1st of January 2020 it will be possible for researchers based at participating institutions to publish open access in T&F hybrid journals.
- Journals that are included in the agreement and that allow open access publishing without the need for payment of an article processing charge (APC)
- Journals where an additional APC is required to be paid if an article is to be published open access
Taylor and Francis Gold. A supplementary agreement with T&F includes publication in the publisher's gold journals. The agreement gives a discount of 10% on the publication fee (APC) and central invoicing to the institution. Articles published in the gold journals has the same workflow as the hybrid journals
- Title list T&F Gold
- Wiley (deal with quota) - See author workflow (video)
This agreement runs in 2022. The agreement has been renegotiated as an one-year agreement in 2022. There is an increased publication quota, apart from that the the agreement has the same terms as before.
- Read also Open access agreement for Norwegian institutions (opens at Wiley.com). Here you will find information on how researchers affiliated at the participating institutions can publish as part of the agreement.