You'll find an overview of all the agreements on Open Science.
Some of the agreement include full article publishing charge (APC) coverage, other agreements ensure a discount on the APC for researchers from USN.
Some of the publishers specify a limit on the quantity of publications per year. When the quota is reached you no longer are entitled to publish freely in those hybrid journals.
Note well that for fully open access journal articles, you may still be entitled to apply for support from the publication fund!
USN has agreements with the following publishers:
- American Chemical Society (ACS) - workflow for authors and licenses
- Elsevier (deal with quota) - see workflow for authors and "journal search tool"
- Negotiations: As of January 2022, negotiations are going on and we currently do not have a valid deal with Elsevier. Read more about this on openscience.no
- Frontiers: USN-researchers get a 10% discount on APC.
- Emerald - The publisher offers green open access. Read about benefits of choosing open access with Emerald here.
- Institute of Physics (No longer a publish- and read agreement from 2021)
- MDPI: A purely open access publisher.
- Sage - See author workflow
- SpringerNature (deal with quota) - See author workflow
- Taylor & Francis (deal with quota) - See author workflow
- Wiley (deal with quota) - See author workflow (video)
- Negotiations: As of January 2022, negotiations are going on and we currently do not have a valid deal with Wiley. Read more about this on openscience.no.